Sunday, February 20, 2011

It Be Spring

Had the first thunderstorm last night.  Lightning and thunder with a nice rain.  It would be nice to have some more moisture, the ground is so dry.  Guess winter didn’t want to stick around any more  and vacated.  Today was windy and blustry spring type weather, temps in the 50-60’s.

IMGP1194

There is a rhythm to life that doesn’t change much.  The weather has its cycles and nature follows along.  It is man that sometimes loses the rhythm and gets out of kilter.  So many people like to set themselves up as tin gods and say this or that is going to happen if this doesn’t change.  right now one the little vexing problems in this is the price of gas.  Over 3 bucks a gallon now and still going up.

The oil companies are using this to try and force the greenies in government to open up new leases.  It is kind of expected after the BP fiasco in the Gulf.  Drilling was stopped and other leases were frozen.  The battle of factions that have notions on how to live.

What makes me mad is that I will have to pay through the nose because of this battle. Both sides are indifferent to my plight.  I become a pawn in a war I can not participate in except by buying less gas, which means I have to drive less.  Then I guess a little walking will do me some good.  Might go get a big tri-cycle with a basket I can carry some groceries in so I can ride it when I go shopping.

Because of a conflict at higher echelons I will be making changes in lifestyle.  May consider finding a cave to live in and live off the land.  It is things like this that make me mad at politicians, both sides of the fence.  Read the other day that the political types in DC have a less then 30% trust/acceptance of the general public.  they do more things to screw up a person’s life.

IMGP1118

Wherever you may be have a great week and may God guide your steps.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Storm last night and another just started tonight. Pretty wet here. Wonderful photos John. I get mad too at the head honchos in DC. But you are right, nothin much we can do except protest eh? A scooter or moped I would like ;-)

Gerry Adams said...

Hi John, I hope you have a nice week too!

j said...

We had some really mild weather this week as well and it does make one think Spring! In this neck of the woods we always fiqure the last cold snap will be around Easter and that's pretty late this year. Hold off on the gardening John!

Hope said...

the gas prices are a bunch of BS.. but then you already know that.. would buy a horse.. but then the price to keep them feed would be high as well.. good thing the good Lord gave us two legs..
but then if up to the government.. they will figure out how to take those as well.. "sigh"
lovely captured John.. its cold here.. was nice for a few days.. spring was teasing us.. now we have lots of snow again.. but that is ok.. won't last forever.. "hopefully"..
soft hugs..

stephenrowepainter said...

John, Haven't had a car for a few years though I do keep getting my license renewed. Mostly walk where I need to go or take the bus for a dollar. Once in awhile I also take a taxi and figure I am still saving. Have a good week and as ever be well

Joe said...

Yeah, it's the "little guy" that awlays gets caught on the wrong side of price wars etc. It's nothing like spring here at the moment nor is it spring like at home in Montana. I guess I've been in all the wrong places to have decent weather thus far!

Kathryn Magendie said...

lawd! Gas is $3.15 or $3.19 last I looked in the valley. I don't get out much, though, so that's a good thing about being reclusive! THough, I am going to curtain some of my author events - it's just getting so expensive!

Ramblingon said...

Don't get me started on government, pricing and oil moguls including the ones in the US.