Friday, October 14, 2011

Autumn Moments

 

Sun travels faster, leaving earlier, showing up later.  The seasons move across the road, traveling a path of their own destination.  Giving way to the next act.  There are repeats that are not instant replays.  Motion going forward, not repeating.

Harvest of the season, under the moon.  Gathering of the fruits for the short days.  Cold snows sit on the sill, waiting their turn.  Golden colors dapple the horizon.  Palette brushes the ridge line, sparkling glint of eves day.

Soon the north wind will draw the curtain aside and whistle through the cracks, rifting the timbers, rifling down chimneys.

Pleasant cool afternoons to wander the path, looking at the paining set before.  A time of change, ending never.  On toes of past, traveling forward, looking back not.

Autumn of life is arriving, a journey that will pass, leaving a space of memories.

Frosted pumpkin, barren branches appear, brown grasses wave.  Last minute preparations, critters scamper about, others curl into dens.

 

DSCN0483 (480x640) (480x640)

It is a nice weekend to be out and about.  Enjoy Yours.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

The most beautiful words. .Love your photo .
So true John in every line and word.
A Blessing to read the poetry of a dear friend.



Enjoy your weekend as well

Joe said...

The way you talk about the season I could almost like it however I have to admit I'm much more spring and summer than fall & winter. It's quite cold here today with a dreary rain...in spite of that I'm going to endeavor to have a good weekend. I pray you have a good one John.

Ramblingon said...

I had a wonderful and beautiful Octover weekend and I hope you dd as well.

Here I Am Carrie said...

John your words really echo the feeling of fall and coming of winter. You make me want to go just sit on the deck and write what I see and feel. But I am canning pears right now and trying to catch up visiting between peeling. At least I am getting 2 things done at once. I so hate peeling anything so this makes it go easier.