Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bits Here and There

 

Nature is my neighbor, sometimes not enjoyable when it is mice and spiders.  Then when Mr 10 point shows up.

IMGP5619 (1024x612)

He spent the afternoon there, relaxing in the shade under the semi trailer.  Later that afternoon I saw why he was lounging there.  As he grazed, he hobbled.  He had injured a leg and was not up to speed.  That evening some of hos does showed up for the evening meal.

Better then any television show.

IMGP5623 (1024x680)

A few days later on the way to the clinic I spotted this guy in the bar ditch.  When I went past, it just watched me.  Making a U turn and going back slowly it did not like.  To wing it took and landed in the pasture to watch me.  Make another U turn and as I’m leaving it flies back to the ditch to finish its meal.

One of many reasons why I like to avoid driving on the main highways.

We finally got some nice showers in the area.  The brown pasture above should show some green spots shortly.  Lots of lightening rolls in with the storms.  As long as there is no damage, lightening is spectacular to watch.

I hope other dry spots in the country get moisture.  We are right on the edge of the dust bowl and dry land makes the old timers nervous.

IMGP5625 (1024x680)

Drought makes for some spectacular Dust Devils.  This one was close to 300 feet in the air, about 10 miles away.  Hoping this area got some showers also.  Knock the dusty devils down.

Nature has its own rhythm, it’s just that sometimes we don’t want to dance to the tune.

3 comments:

Joe said...

I saw that picture on top and thought you finally got a picture of a jackalope John! It's been frustrating for us with clouds and storms passing but doing little but causing fires from the lightning...not hardly a drop of rain. Those dust devils are spectacular aren't they?

Here I Am Carrie said...

Sure is lots of wildlife around you. Boy it looks hot and dry there. I hope you get some rain soon. We have had some heat now but comes with many thunder storms and torrential down pours of rain.

Katie Isabella said...

Man, the drought is like a never ending nightmare.