Sunday, July 8, 2012

That’s what it is…… YUP

 

The supreme court handed down a ruling the republicans didn’t like.  But is it really bad for the republicans?

It defined a tax, what a tax is and there isn’t much room to wiggle in.  Any revenue collected by the government is a tax, is what they said…… any revenue…. including penalties.

The republicans have complained about over taxation for years…. well it appears they were right.  The government sticks it’s tax collecting fingers in lots of pockets calling the collection of taxes a different name.  Your parking ticket, speeding, user fee, entrance fee ….. and the list goes on, is a tax.

Which is fine by me…. I like nice good solid definitions, not those grey matter fuzzy feel good things.

 

IMGP5269 (719x1024)

Now will some the fortitude and challenge lots of these fees for what they are……?

 

The state I live in, Colorado, has a balanced budget amendment and any new taxes have to go to the general population for a vote.

The dems went around that law by calling the revenue enhancement a user’s fee….. not a tax.

When will the distortions stop….?

 

Have a good week.

4 comments:

KaHolly said...

There are lots of names for the same thing, to be sure. Funny, a friend and I were talking about that just the other day.

Joe said...

I couldn't believe that recently I argued with someone over this new tax and they said my logic was flawed when I stated that the government is always on a slippery slop when it comes to taxes...the more they have the power to do that the more they abuse it. The power to tax people into oblivion if they don't behave as the government wants is frightening indeed if you ask me. Lower the standards and then tax and call it reform...classic government I'd say. Love the picture of the rows there John...pictures like that have sort of an optical illusion effect. Have a good day my friend.

Here I Am Carrie said...

Love the photo of the rows. The goverment needs to learn to run more effectively. The waste so much money and just keep wanting more. Have a wonderful week. Hugs Carrie

Ramblingon said...

Glad I can still come here to comment as I am not on Google+ and sorta don't want to be.

I liked your blog and generally agree with what you stated. But then, I usually do.