Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Day In Life

 

Sunday morning was magnificent.  It was one of those mornings in a blue moon.  Temp was in the low 40’s, the house was comfortable and life was still.  Breeze was somewhere, clatter was distant, sky was azure blue speckled with lacy wisps few and far.  Life could of not been any better at that moment.

Dogs fed, coffee made, steaming mug in hand I sit down.  Looking out the window was clarity to the ridges beyond.  Calmness traveled throughout, lightly broken by the occasional passing truck on the highway.  It was Sunday morning, I tarried a bit longer.  Sipping on the coffee, gazing into the great outdoors.  Listening to the chirp of birds passing by.

My soul rested, pores absorbing the moment.  There was not the city buzz droning in the ears.  This is why I left the hectic harried cacophony of the metropolis. 

DSCN3152 (800x594)

Country life carries a pace that that is easy to follow.  There are no great big golf course lawn, well groomed grounds.  Nature passes by the steps, leaving its mark on the walkway.  Deer were bedded down next door last night, tracks of the coyotes dot the gravel.

Sunday morning was a day that will be cherished and sought after for they are few and far between.  God blessed me that morning with His peace. 

2 comments:

Joe said...

Lately our temperatures are lower then I would like but the snow on the ground is long gone and that occasional flurry doesn't really stay long either. I am a solar powered man waiting on temps above seventy where I love to dwell. We've some changes heading our way this month and the next with a trip away from the all too familiar right now. I'm looking forward to a change of pace. Blessings to you John.

Here I Am Carrie said...

Oh what a beautiful morning you must feel there sometimes. What a wonderful place we all need to have with all the turmoil going on around us.