Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Warm summer…. Not a hot one

 

Wouldn’t that be wishful thinking, summer without any hot days.  Last week was so nice, I was outside just puttering around, trying to clean up the garden beds.  It was in the low 70’s and upper 60’s.  Great weather to be in.  Very little breeze, clear blue skies and late afternoon white fluffs popping up.  Wore a light shirt, worked around the house picking up and cleaning out the winter leftovers.  Tumble weeds gather in the corners and catch on fences. 

Thought to my self, wouldn’t it be nice if the summer was like this.  No days of 90 degrees, light breezes, scattered clouds.  Oh that would be so nice but I know the heat of summer is on the way.  So I try to do some of the heavy work in the cool of spring.  I no like sweating, watching my water drip off my brow.

Reality strikes back though, back into the forties it went.  High humidity and bitter winds.

IMGP7039 (800x517) 

Did get in a country jaunt before the cold showed up.  It was cooler n a slight wind but nice.  The little critters are out and the mom’s are parading in the pasture.

Been making short videos of windmills running and adding some music.  Been coming out interesting.  Just takes so long to download to youtube.  I have a beginning collection of windmill pictures, in particular the old wooden tower windmills.   Not many of them left that operate.  Used a tripod to take the videos. there was enough wind, it was still shaky.  Next time in the wind I will probably hand hold.  I shake less then then the tripod.

The oil boom is reaching into our area.  There are wells here and there, not many but one is a lots for here. 

IMGP7047 (800x520)

Now if there would be some nice spring rains.  Things are so dry.  The pastures are pretty barren and not much wheat is peeking out of the ground.  Gonna be higher prices at the food store.  The drought along with the goofed up political mess we have, gonna make the next few years very expensive.  It will be a struggle for many to make it.

Now how to get the climate to really change to my liking.

3 comments:

Joe said...

The weather is still untrustworthy here however it has been very nice lately. It feels like a drought year to me again but I could be wrong. The mountains have faired far better than the valley...I think before it's over we'll be glad for that snow pack. The Keystone Pipeline could change it all but for now the Democrats are in control and working to smoother all industry here...I'm so fed up with it.

Here I Am Carrie said...

Hello John so nice to be able to visit you again. Thank you for your visits while I was gone. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I am so appreciating the cooler temps back her in British Columbia. The last month at the Salton Sea we were in the 90's and hit over 100 at our place a few times. This was very unusual to have it stay hot for so long. Normally in spring the area would get a week of really warm weather then cool back to normal temps. It sure made it hard for us to get the last of our landscaping and auto watering system all set and finished. By 11am we had to be back in the house or in the shade. Problem in the evening for working was it would get dark very quickly after the sun went down.
Hah too funny I got up early this morning and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, then a few minutes ago looked out and it was completely socked in with clouds. Now as sitting here at the computer snowflakes are falling again. I am thought we were done with that for this year. I am sure it won't stick like it did a week ago. We had such winds the other day it blew all the branches down in the yard I had just finished picking up from the winter. Patio furniture was blown over and broken.
I do feel here at our ranch the weather extremes may not be so bad. However so many other areas may become unbearable to live in.
I love your creativity with windmills to music I will have to find your you tube sight or search it and have a look.
So nice to be back and happy spring to you..
Hugs Carrie

Here I Am Carrie said...

Oh how wonderful found you video links right here at you Google+. I love your windmill videos. Also wonderful how the shots were broken up with the flowing water. I couldn't watch all of it as I have limited internet and didn't want to use my allotment for the day up. The windmills are very mesmerizing to watch. Great collecting. To produce for others to view would be better to keep it under 5 minutes. But I love your whole idea and the you are now making videos. I so wanted to get into that as well. I didn't get my new camera this winter. I had wanted the panasonic FZ200. It had great reviews for video as well. Too many other expensenses came up this winter so I couldn't afford the camera. I can't believe I am back to using my very first point and shoot as my better one got a fuzzy in it while I was trying to get the lense unstuck. So instead of moving forward with a better camera I ended up moving back. My first camera does still take great macro still even though it is only a 3 megapixal. I just wish I had more zoom now I have even less then before.