Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dog Days of Summer

 

In the frozen embrace of winter, a taste of heat is yearned for.  To release the icy grip, give a brief respite from the ice cubes. 

Forgotten is the searing heat of summer, when ice cubes were sought out.  Looking for a cooling breeze.  Gazing at the horizon for a refreshing shower. 

To be satisfied is but a relapse of complaint, echoing over the tables barren of ears.

IMGP8037 (531x800)

 

To be content is but a state, one the mind embraces but on occasion.  Drift over time, was there confusion, hope, lost or direction.  Searching, looking, drifting, tumbling, the unsatisfied man roams looking….. for what?

There is a peace like a river that flows through, grasp your share, embrace it, massage it for with it life can not be de railed.  The complainer is missing the river of peace. 

The path of choice…….?

 

IMGP8046 (800x531)

2 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

John, once more you have exceeded yourself in my opinion. This is superb! I out to put some of mine in my blog occasionally but likely I won't.

Superb. This is superb. Evocative. It speaks to me LOUDLY! :-)

Joe said...

This reminds me of a book I read entitled: "Happiness is a Choice". More truth to that then we give it credit I think. I think we're going to skip this latest cool down for the most part so in that I'm happy. Internally I feel more at peace than I have in a long time...for that I'm joyful. God bless you John.