Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Life of the Wild

 

Deer are plentiful in the evening and fun to look at  as they browse on the grasses.  They also a desired by predators and they make an evening meal for numerous critters.  They also become road kill when they get close to the highways and try to cross.

IMGP4483 (640x425)

They are a curious animal, standing there staring at the two legged creature snapping pictures.  They are also mesmerized by headlights at night and blinded.   A combination that is very deadly.  There is a stretch of highway west of here that I see a dead one along side the road almost weekly.  The herd lives on though, it is but part of the process.

 

IMGP4486 (640x425)

Quietly they munch away on their evening meal. glancing back at the stranger.  Life and death wages on in the wild.  Where it comes from, when will it happen….. is but s moment of fear that flies into adversity.

Being atop of the food chain it is a fear I know not.  My cognitive reasoning carries me through dangerous moments.  A separation that carries very little understanding.

 

May God be your companion this week.

6 comments:

Joe said...

Hey John, nice looking deer you've got there. Not like our antelope...as you know we've had some sizable herds around lately. Surprisingly not many road kills though there are a few once in a while. Thanks for sharing John.

Admiral Hestorb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Admiral Hestorb said...

I always have God for my help and my Savior.

I have many deer here and some occasionally meet that fate as well. But around here the deer are so thick that we generally are on the lookout for them as we drive along. There are so many they are walking thru town many times.

Admiral Hestorb said...

This is me, Ramblingon.

Brigid said...

Beautiful. You create such a sense of calm with your words and pictures.

Here I Am Carrie said...

I always know to drive with care especially when night is coming. Also sometimes on our road I have shut my lights off to get one to move off the road. Well John still no snow men just haven't had time. But I think this year I will build on since I can't go snow shoeing with my back. Thanks for reminding me.