Friday, December 9, 2011

Moon..... it be Full


The moon rises from the soup on far horizon. Dim slightly lit orb easing out of the haze. Lighting the eve, casting shadows in the air of frost. Birds scurry looking for their roosts. Ever higher it climbs skyward. Silvery moon, romantics dream dancing with the star of eve. Higher it climbs, lighting the way for travelers of the eve. A moment passes never to be caught again. Faded to memory are the images of the eve.

Gently golden glow eases to the mountain. Settling behind peaks. Fading to the evening, leaving the silvery glow to light the way. For the moon to reveal, old man sun must recline to the night.











4 comments:

Gerry Adams said...

Very nice John. Maybe there will be snow on that tree pretty soon.

Lisa said...

Beautiful John . I didnt see it . It was overcast here.

Joe said...

Delightful John! I noticed the big full moon yesterday and contemplated taking a picture of it however I seldom have very much success with pictures of the moon...perhaps I'll try again if it gives me the chance today.

Here I Am Carrie said...

John I watched that full moon every night as we had clear night all during it's coming. But your words make it so much more magical. Just Beautiful.