Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Calendar Changed

 

When the first day of the month arrives, my calendars I should go forth and change them.  No, I do not go forth and change the months.  It is nor until I look at days to try and schedule things do I realize I have not changed. 

I have become so spoiled by the puter that I seldom use a calendar any more.  In my gadgets bar I have a clock plus a calendar, day and month.  So when I turn the machine on all this nice information jumps up on the screen and says hi.

So the wall calendars tend to collect dust hanging from their hooks.  This year I got a bunch of calendars and probably could get some more.  Lots of the local businesses are giving out calendars and I have collected a pretty varied group of pictures to hang on the wall.

 

IMGP4542 (640x425)

The days of life march past and I am but one little character in the play of life.  So as my chapters unfold I desire to enjoy them. 

There are a few events that happen I want to remember, otherwise the days melt into each other.  Passing as ships in a fog but hearing the chimes of the bells floating past.

The snow if passing in front of the wind, a touch of white patches the brown grasses of the dormant ground.  Birds huddle in the trees, search the rafters for protection seldom venturing out.  The hawk of the north has sent it icy breath across the prairies.  Soon the eve will arrive and the calendar will mark another day.

4 comments:

Ramblingon said...

I have an electronic calender but I still keep a paper one. Handy for when I'm in the kitchen or LR and need to jot something important down without coming in here and booting up.

Joe said...

I have a paper calendar simply because my dad collects so many that he often passes one my way. Mostly I use WebShots for my computer calendar because I can mix my own pics and ones from their site and the net to be the pages that change...it's pretty nice deal. Love the texture of that wood there...much around here is about that color but white is threatening to be the dominant color once again...not one "goat" to be seen out there today.

Kathryn Magendie said...

I have done the same, ignored my calendars in favor of the puter.

You write with such poignancy and beauty.

Here I Am Carrie said...

yes life can sometime just continue in a rhythm that is the same. I feel that way now. I try to add something at least every couple of weeks. Can become to much of hermit here. But in the fall the calendar was just filled with doctor appointments. So glad to have all that behind me. Every year by this time I think I should make another Calendar from my photos again but just never get to it. Love you description of winter coming.