Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Big Bills of Medicine

 

Friend has been battling kidney stones this past year and it is not over yet.  I asked him what the bill has been so far.  He said over 400K.  I almost fell down.

Some doctors are going to have nice vacation villas and nice boats to cruise in. 

What puzzled me, after I sat down, why so expensive?  The machines for testing, the hospital stays or is there and large group of hands out wanting a share of the pie.

Yet I can see why those who are not insured would go moaning to the government.  Yet my friends insurance is government, Medicare.

Personally I feel that is part of the reason things are so expensive.  Most government agencies just pass costs on through and expect the taxpayers to cough the money up.  They seldom questions high costs.

Stop and think,a nice income is 40k a year.  400,000 would support 10 people.  My friend is a small industry but for only a few.

Or make it 50K a year, how many does that support.

Money has a way of multiplying and so often the average joe plods along.

 

IMGP4771 (1024x680)

4 Trillion dollars in debt we go.  How much money is that?  How many wages could be paid with that at what income level.

The root of all evil……… money, so the saying goes. 

The way the politicians toss money figures around I don’t believe there is any root on money any more.  Greenbacks slide right through my fingers into in the government’s coffers and I get a tad for a bottle of curds.

How did the IRS come into existence and why do we fear them so much?

 

Have a good week….. please.

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

Look at all the money being spent on the primaries/election. How many people would that help?

Lisa said...

That is a lot of money . Wow. We have a good health system in Canada as long as you pay for the insurance and that is very inexpensive. I was so sick in Hawaii I though I would have to go to a hospital. I did have full travel insurance but still Im not sure how that works if you pay and then the insurance pays you back. No matter it is a hard situation for some or most.

Joe said...

Actually it's the love of money that's the root of all evil and the truth is as you've noted above the shuffling of money is much like a coconut shuffle game with nothing really going to help people like us in many ways. Just think if that stimulus money actually just went back to the tax payer rather than disappearing! Well for sure I know that which has most value is inside us. Bless you John.