Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Looking for Cheese

 

I post on a couple of other forums plus facebook.  One of the things that has been popping up is how easy people whine anymore.  They act so helpless.  It is almost as they expect someone to fly over and sprinkle fairy dust on them and all will be well.

There is some turmoil in the local schools over money cuts and programs.  Again lots of griping but few willing to bite the bullet and deal with the issues.

Geography is another trouble spot.  So many ask where is it.  Rather then doing some looking, they whine expecting me to tell.  Well the door is well marked: MEN.  Then they ask, where is it?  I slowly boil up into an aggravating chuckle and……. guffaw.

History is the other pet peeve.  It’s like the schools want to avoid teaching some history for it will upset their agenda.  The world according to, GARP.  So many do not know to get a book out and look up information or they do not want to.

Yet here on the internet is one of the fastest tools for looking up info. 

Now the circle, what are the schools missing?  By all test scores and standards that have been set forth, all the government programs have been failures.  Graduation rates are lower, students are less educated.  Oh there are exceptions but overall.  So when will people admit that big government in schools is a failure?

Look at how successful schools were in the early 20th century.  These little schools produced the people that invented the phone, light bulbs and even the computer. 

So when I hear whining I wonder who failed?

020

Such is life, there are foibles and successes.

So often the focus is on the failures and the successes are just there.

Wonder if there would of ever been an apple if Steve Jobs would have been a whiner…….?  His mother chose to not have an abortion and gave him up for adoption.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mixed media post today John. We sure do whine because we don't know how to fix things. Where to start? I guess one would say right in your own backyard.

Ramblingon said...

I agree. Those of us who went thru school back when you actually had to LEARN something and pass TESTS and not pass to the next grade unless you did..regardless of your social circumstances, etc etc..we are the sucesses. Rote learning DOES get the job done in some subjects as in math. Passing individuals just becuse of certain factors when they can't perform, teaching without books...saying it's OK to just use your imagination for an answer... shows that govt needs to get out of the school business.

Joe said...

Hey John, you mean I don't bring any of that magic fairy dust to your day when I visit your blog? I'm hurt! LOL! I often laugh today when I hear people accuse others of not being interested in science when science seems to mean darn the torpedoes full speed ahead regardless of anything else these days...that dandy philosophy has ruined things all across the board and all the while the things like faith that always worked before are scorned. I don't care, I'll continue to cling to my God and gun...not bitterly mind you but they can say what they will...it's the only way to live! Bless you my friend, thanks for stopping by today by the way.

KaHolly said...

The schools, boy, that's a sour subject for me.And you are right on the money! Every time they pass legislation to 'fix' our schools, they just make it worse. It forced me out of education, but not before it took it's toll on my health.