Saturday, June 30, 2012

Support Counter Intelligence

 

Out in a little town, in the middle of nowhere, close to somewhere is Mama’s store.  Here is a collection of old stuff, for she rents space to a variety of people.  Even the store is old.

In the old days of saloons and pool halls this shop thrived.  Pool balls made great missiles to be launched at the enemy.  Even the ceiling had it’s stories.  There and here was the occasional bullet hole. 

 

DSCN1369 (1024x768) (2)

The clientele has changed, it is now mostly the wives of the pool players that wander the aisles. No longer to the six shooters thunder forth, or dodge the lost pool ball.

The floor can still be heard shuffling some soft shoe.  The hair from the barber getting mixed into the floor.  His chair long gone, but a memory.

The bar, cabinets and stools still await the thirsty traveler.  One can belly up to the bar.

DSCN1387 (1024x768)

I  stop in for the iced latte, maybe a shake just for  the ambiance.  Walk the aisles, hear the memories whisper to me.

4 comments:

Joe said...

John, your writing grabs me by the heart. That place looks like it's got real history to it for sure and the way you typed it up here really makes it jump out at me. Thank you.

Ramblingon said...

I love seeing you here. I thought you had gone to Google+ which I don't want to do. I had appreciated your comment a few weeks ago and when I clicked your name, I got the Google+ blog. Great seeing this.

Here I Am Carrie said...

John I finally made it over for a visit. I also saw on an old blog you were laid up for awhile. I am so sorry I wasn't around here to cheer you on. But I see you fingers are working again and your typing away. What a really neat old place you visited. How your writing really makes one feel the same feeling you were experiencing while visiting this place. Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July. Hugs Carrie

Home on the Range said...

What a wonderful looking place. I'm glad you are getting out and about.