Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sacrifice

 

What is it to sacrifice?  To give something up.  During the recession so many have lost their jobs, many of no fault of their own.  Layoffs were a common occurrence, companies closing.  Onto the government dole went many people,

 

So how many government workers did you hear of getting laid off?  In our area it was teachers who got the pink slips.  Other government employees, none got  laid off that I know of.  One of the more critical jobs we pay taxes for took the brunt of the economy.

 

Look at what the politicians are saying about the economy.  Are any talking about cut backs in pay for government employees and or layoffs?  What kind of sacrifice is forthcoming from the bureaucrats and politicians to help the taxpayer?

 

When there is a downturn in the economy it is the everyday worker that takes it in the drawers.  The government workers just keep on drawing their check.  Who do the politicians say should help?  The people on the dole, welfare, food stamps… etc.  Government layoffs are not even mentioned.

IMGP6215 (1024x670)

Why is it the work a day Joe has to sacrifice the job and the taxes do not stop being paid to the bureaucrats.

 

The average government worker makes 20-25% more then their counterpart in the private sector.  So the public employee could take a pay cut and still make a nice wage, better then average. 

 

The public sector has become bloated but do the politicians talk about the wages they pay?  Government sacrifice is not in their lexicon. 

 

Bet that if there was an across the board pay cut of 10% that the national debt could be reduced by 50% or better.  Low level government administrators make 6 figure incomes into the 200-300,000.00 dollar range.  What government job is so critical and pressurized to warrant that kind of pay?  Most government jobs are cookie cutter work.  I don’t even want to talk about incompetence.

 

IMGP6225 (1024x910)

One of the things one can do is to bug their congressman and ask them what kind of sacrifice their agencies are going to make to help the country?  In this day and age of electronics it is easy to send your Representative an e-mail, they all have one.

 

Why should the private sector take the brunt of the bad times. 

Politicians gripe about welfare, but what really is welfare?  Look at all of the people that get government checks.  When we send tax dollars to DC….. what do you want in return?  Let the politico's know.

 

DSCN2350 (1024x760)

We’ve had some rain but it won’t last long.  We could use some more buckets of wet stuff.  Cost of living is going to climb, not only at the food store, also the gas pumps and other places.  The government wants to throw more money out to those dealing with the drought, farmers.  This will push prices up even higher for it will be more taxes floating across the desks of bureaucrats.

6 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

I bet when Joe sees this he will say what I am thinking.

Katie Isabella said...

(I agree with you)

Joe said...

Hey, do I resemble that working Joe? Agreed...wow do you make a fantastic point about welfare, my hat is off to you my friend, this is really thought provoking...I'd say vote provoking but I think you know already how I'm going to vote, I'm not for the status quo.

Here I Am Carrie said...

I love your photos John. I sure have noticed this year how the cost of living has gone up. We are on a fixed income and this year our expenses exceeded our income. I have been buying a some extras now and then, but realize it is time to cut back again to increase my piggy bank again. WE had managed on that income for 10 years without much problem. But just things like insurance on our motorhome just so we can get away for 6 or 7 times during the summer and only drive within 60 miles as gas is just way too much. We so avoid driving we pay so much more in gas then you guys down south. Now I just got notice our vehicle insurance is going up 10% due due to the cost of other peoples claims. We have never had a claim, tickets or accidents, but have to pay for others mistakes. Our electric bills are going up also. I get so frustrated I almost want to let it all go and go back to the day when we didn't have power or TV or computer. That saves almost 200.00 a month right there. Then only drive one vehicle again. That would say about 2,000 a year. But you work your whole life giving up all those luxuries so that you can save to afford them later only to have the cost go up and realize you can not afford them anymore. The government is on Welfare spending all our hard earn money. Well now I am making cut backs. Time they do also...

Anonymous said...

Hello

The black/white reflection is amazing. I do not know how you manage to be at just the right place at just the right moment so many, many times. Thank you for your photographs.

I post as anonymous because wp id not floating through.
I have a bit to relearn as I jet about cyberspace again.

http://happyflowerwordzoo002.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Carrie,

'tis me, Happy. I so get increases in Canada. Am on fixed income as well and this past year I have been scratching head after errand/grocery shop and thinking 'Did I go crazy shopping?' So get the work-save cycle and then costs continue to rise exorbitantly and TV becomes a luxury?