Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Getting Comfortable

 

There are some things in life I just do want to get rid of but it has to happen.  Clothing is what I’m referring to.  There are some pieces of clothes that grow on me and as the wear they become very confortable.  They start becoming ratty, holey, thread bare and well used looking but I still wear them.  Particularly shirts, pants I would like to but there are times when the ventilation shows up in the wrong area although on the warm summer days it feels pretty good.

DSCN2661 (1024x768)

Sometimes I’ll have a wake for the demise of a comfortable shirt and then the next day go dig it out and wear it some more.  Collars don’t bark at me, they do tickle at times with all the loose threads. 

Wish clothes did not wear out when I find ones that are comfortable.

Shoes are my bane.  I have worn them through to the other side of the treads.  I used to take my boots and shoes in and have them re-soled and new heels put on them.  Wear them until the snow oozed forth between the sole and uppers.  Comfortable shoes/boots are not easy for me to find for an eee width. 

Tennis shoes are a long wake.  Those I can not fix, I wear them until they are in pieces almost.  Have a pair of mocs I have worn for years.  Make great yard shoes.  If they get muddy I brush them off after drying out.  So far they are still in one piece but there is a day when shreds will roll off the toes.

DSCN2595 (768x1024)

Oh I do buy new clothes but it takes so long to get em comfortable if ever.  Some are worn once or twice and set aside for a later date.  Every once and a while I buy some clothes that are so comfortable they become well used in a hurry.

End of summer I put up the lighter clothes and a few went to the cleaning rag pile but not without a few moments of silence.  Hopefully a few will clothes this winter will become comfortably thread bare for next summer.

Yet in the spring of next year I will be found in the aisles of the local clothing store browsing clothes.  Is that comfortable or just look that way.  I’ll look at the raveled collar the tiny vacancies in the thread and say I can wear it another summer.

Oh do I hate parting company.

2 comments:

Joe said...

There is no self respect in wearing clothes with unwanted vents John, I can understand that! LOL! I keep clothes for quite a while too but I have few things that wear like iron...times have sure changed in that regard. Everything is throw away now. I enjoyed your B&W pics a lot today.

Here I Am Carrie said...

Oh you should see the rags we wear around the ranch. It get embarrassing sometimes when people show up and see what we wear. We are always dressed very nice when going to town. But like you said there are those favorite cloths hard to get rid of. My hubby is the worst. I went through to change cloths from summer to winter. So many of his Tee-shirts went right to the rag bag. Nothing left in underarms. Collars all ripped and lots of other holes. Great for summer but their time is finished. For almost 20 years I didn't have a dryer and hung all my cloths. I have had a dryer now for 3 years and notice cloths that lasted for 15 years before are now just fallen apart. It you want it to last don't use an electric dryer.
Enjoyed seeing you B&W's. Well have a wonderful week. Hugs Carrie