Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanksgiving Musings

 

I am one of those people that does not get into the feel of Christmas until after turkey day.  Then I want at least a week break before I begin Christmas.  For me it the beginning of giving thanks for all my blessings from God and culminates with the Ultimate blessing, celebration of Christ’s birth.

For me it is truly a season of thanks, for I have been blessed with a nice home, good food, nice clothes, good friends and nice surroundings.  God truly supplies all my needs and I have a few left overs for some self indulgence/entertainment.

 

I found the neatest little shop in a neighboring town and I got permission to take some pictures in the store.  I would like to share some thanksgiving decorations that were in the store.

SDC16847SDC16853

Some are very simple but create a very festive air.

 

SDC16854SDC16856

 

 

SDC16858

The store was loaded with all kinds of little items to decorate with.

 

As the seasons change I change my decorations but I will not put up Christmas before Thanksgiving is over.

Now to go find me a turkey, heard one gobbling down main street last week…. gotta go check it out.  The turkeys have been sparse around here this year.

Post a Comment