Saturday, April 9, 2011

A touch of Spring

 

Went to the big city of Pueblo to take care of aof things and found a few things of interest.  Pueblo is lower in elevation then where I live plus it is further south.  There spring comes earlier and gets a whole lots hotter in the summer.  100 degree days there are not unusual.  It is also the Steel City of the west. 

 

IMGP1748

The old part of downtown has been spiffed up and trees planted along the streets.  Most of the fruit trees were in full bloom or on the verge.  The fruit trees add such a color to a usually monochrome downtown. 

 

IMGP1783

Come this fall and there will be food for the birds, now the bees are indulging.  Along the city blocks the colorful trees graced the sidewalks.

 

IMGP1750

Being an older city, Pueblo has lots of neat old buildings.  Not the shiny plastic style of today.  These were built by craftsman who had limited tools to work with.

Older cities like this, I go looking for the old parts.  sometimes that means the rougher sections.  The bums and transients hang out in these areas also.  This trip was an easy one.  No derelicts on the corners begging.

8 comments:

Ramblingon said...

These are so good to look at. I have a real appreciation for buildings like that. Always glad to see examples of them. SO glad you got some Spring to enjoy.

Joe said...

Wow John, wonderful pictures! Does this mean you're out of the forties for your high for the day? We had a real nasty cold snap and only tomorrow is that supposed to change. I guess I'll look at your pictures and wait for it to ever change here.

Lisa said...

Stunning photos John. I love love your touch of Spring. How beautiful

Lisa said...

I love your slide show. I feel at home here. Thank you.

Lisa said...

Thank you .. Thank you for your words are poetry. So glad you stopped. Sleep well my friend.

Dianne ... Walking In His Grace said...

Loved looking at your touch of Spring. The blossoms are so pretty. We are way behind and only now starting to see the start of buds on the trees, and a few green leaves and stems poking through the ground. I believe they are lilies.
Well we reached somewhere close to 60 degrees today, and now having a thunderstorm. Ha! Those are some of my signs of Spring.
I love the old buildings too.
Well you take care and enjoy your Spring.
Have a great week John.
Dianne :)

Anonymous said...

Hi John, your photos are beauitful. Your writing is very enjoyable reading.I hope your spring is a great one.Hugs..

Kristin said...

hi john~
i received your comment on my photo...it was never my intention to create a {natural} transition between the clouds as you so put it...in artography and photomanipulation you will rarely find anything {natural}...

kristin