Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Where The Antelope Play

Across the prairie the antelope roam, small herds to oversize herds.  The bucks get booted for a variety of reasons and they wander the grasslands in small groups.

This pair was grazing on the knoll and when I stipped to take their picture they perked up.  Out of the country they wanted, away from the strange bi-peddler.

 

IMGP2155

One stopped and looked, the other was heading out, looking for an escape route.

IMGP2158

Through the fence he goes.  Unlike deer they do not jump fences.  They are smooth enough to slide through although they have been known to tear up fences when a herd is running.

Off the the horizon they go, leaving the strange two legged critter behind that got out the pile of metal.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Antelope have always been quite the characters to observe here. We are in town but that doesn't stop them from spending lots of time on the golf course or marching right down the street here. Lately the heavy rain has kept them around here right in our front lawn on occasion. We have neighbors in common John. Thanks for sharing the pictures as well.

Lisa said...

I have seen these in Montana I believe. They are smaller than the deer we have here yet so beautiful and graceful. Love your country road.
Have a wonderful week John

Anonymous said...

FINALLY I figured out how to leave a comment - yours is one of the blogs I just couldn't leave a comment on - however I finally figured out if I put in "anonymous" it will let me comment - unless someone doesn't allow that - and you do! Yayy!

You always make me smile and think - and believe, John.

Kat Magendie

Unknown said...

Very nice photo. They are beautiful.