Friday, September 23, 2011

Old Threshers Day …. III

 

The Old Threshers had their own little plot of land and in one corner they laid out a little town.  One room school houses and other buildings were hauled in from the country.  Each represented a different business that had been found in the town.  Boardwalks lined the buildings and inside were a variety of displays people had donated to and put together.

DSCN0353DSCN0355 (640x480)

Each of the buildings had their own caretakers and in between were a few vendors.  It was like walking down main street small town.

DSCN0358 (640x449)DSCN0359 (640x612)DSCN0363 (640x480)

The streets had a few trees and it was a pleasant walk.

 

DSCN0368 (480x640)

There were also old time accommodations.

 

DSCN0370 (553x640)DSCN0379 (480x640)DSCN0385 (640x473)

 

Do some praying before visiting the old time dentist, return home to some home baked goodies.  Notice the butter churn on the counter.

Ever had homemade butter n fresh buttermilk.

It has taken some work and time to build all the different displays and I am thankful for their effort.  Preserving a piece of the past many will forget.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I love these old buildings. I would have been in heaven with my camera . The Church and Barber chair are wonderful . Just imagine how much that chair is worth today. Quite a bit. Interesting blogs. Happy your shared them and took these photos too. Wonderful to see your part of the country. Have a wonderful weekend my friend.

Lisa said...

This kitchen is like the first one I had when I was 17 :) but not blue.

Here I Am Carrie said...

I think this whole place is so cool. I love when an old town is put back together. It really gives the feel of being back in that time. So fun to see the old items. I laughed when I saw the kitchen. We have a rental in our town and that is perfectly the same except for the color of the cubboards of the kitchen.