Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years passing Now an Old Year

 

A year is going into the history book, twisted, distorted and tortured, depending on how one perceives life.  There are many realities that do not jive with the facts yet people want to take the squared pegs and push them into round spots.  No matter the struggle they insist that the square peg be to their liking.  I look at at those struggles and ponder what really is important in life.

This past year has brought many turns, some led to joy others to sorrow.  There has been new additions to the family, new unions and celebrations.  There have been the loos of friends but the toughest was the loos of my daughter this past summer.  There is a small void that will always be there but life moves on.

I have not been for want of food, clothing or shelter.   I see so many who live in cardboard boxes, under bridges or the  street.  It is their choice, yes I do feel for them and they are provided a hot meal and clothes but they walk back out to the life in the ditch.  Life has it’s many faces, it is a face I can do very little with but I accept it as life.

The pages turn and it appears as a déjà vu, the repeat is there.  Life’s book has many chapters.  I tread softly through the words and look at the next chapter.  Where will it lead, what is in store, can I have any effect, where will I go.

Questions travel forth and there are no answers so I reflect and wonder why I pondered them in the first place.  I must a mind that inquires even if an answer does spring forth I still ponder.

Yet I am so thankful for so many things.  All my basic needs are met and I have a little bit left over for some desires.  I would not make a good materialist or over indulgent consumer.  I have found a contentment in the basic needs of life.

 

IMGP0277

Went to the big city of Denver this week and the magnet at the RR Museum in golden grabbed a hold of my jalopy and drug me into the parking lot.  I didn’t expect much at the museum but the lot was almost full and people were wandering through the the displays.  The Garden Railway Society had trains running on their pike and it was a rather festive day watching the people walk around talking among themselves.

The museum is nice in that people can interact with most displays, climb on things or touch.  Unlike most museums that have ropes or cases restricting interaction, there are very few displays that cannot be handled.  Kids were having a good time, parents were tagging along and grandparents were talking about the day………….

I took a bunch of pictures and will be posting some later next week or the following week.

 

This being the last day of the year, it will also be my last post of the year.  THEREFORE……

 

Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year……

 

Because I said So.

 

Happy 2011

6 comments:

Dianne ... Walking In His Grace said...

Happy New Year John, because I said so.:) Dianne

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing your photo's
Happy New Year

Ramblingon said...

Happy New year, my good friend.

Joe said...

As twisted as "reality" may seem I find that ever more I turn to God's word to find direction. What better source for the way, the truth and the life than that? I know that the past can look pretty glorious in the face of the madness of today and the downward spiral that appears to be our future but for sure there's a promise of God that will shine through it all! God bless you John, have a very blessed New Year!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Hugs to you, dear sweet man

and happy new year thoughts to you ....

Gerry Adams said...

Hi John, I am also thankful that I have good job and am not in want of the things that matter most. It was a tough year in other ways and I am hoping for a better year in 2011. I hope you have a good week!

Gerry http://gerrya2u.blogspot.com