Saturday, November 17, 2012

Trains in Miniature

 

One of my passions in life is model railroading.  I have been building small trains and their accessories for a number of years.  More then I can count on my fingers and toes.  I post most of my dabbling in this world on railroad sites.  So I decided to do a small post on here.

This past week I went to a model train show and made a couple of videos and took some pictures of a few of my models.

DSCN2781 (1024x768)

DSCN2795 (1024x768)

The old time trains, not many model them any more.  These are from the 1850’s to the end of the 19th century.  These were the first little engines to roll cross country and over the mountains.  Only a couple of places in the country that have been able to preserve these little puffers.

DSCN2799 (1024x768)

DSCN2807 (1024x768)

On a cold dark night I clunk away, putting parts and pieces together.  Then I watch them circle the miniature empire.

Bit of an ego trip involved.  But the rewards are great when one sees the smiles on the faces.

2 comments:

Joe said...

That's an amazing train you've got there John, it is far fancier than the ones I've had growing up.

Here I Am Carrie said...

Boy small trains bring back memories for me. My grandparents had a miniture set in their basement when we were little. Then they gave the set to us and it was put up every year going around the Christmas tree. I will never forget the sound of the recording that said "all aboard". Thanks for sharing.