Monday, January 31, 2011

Icy Frosting

With the cold weather has been the fog, leaving an icy coat on the great outdoors.

IMGP0811

 

Tangled patterns in the trees

IMGP0813

ice coated buds

IMGP0819

Fairy ice queen country roads

 

IMGP0821

Wind swept icy sentential

 

IMGP0823

Bowing under the glaze

IMGP0829

           Stillness over the land

IMGP0833

Big Mac’s on the hoof wait it out

Nature will be solemn for a few days as the frozen wind of the Mrs. Artic spews over the prairie.  Leaving icy breath on everything as she floats through the grasses.

6 comments:

Ramblingon said...

I LOVE the ice pictures. The tree and the weeds beside the fence in particular.

Joe said...

Such marvelous pictures John! I know that this cold isn't much fun but it does leave some artistic scenes on occasion. What we've got here is bitter cold...so bitter that it beats all we've had up to this point. Bless you my friend!

j said...

The lone tree and fence line are my favorite shots of your wintery scenes, love them!

Anonymous said...

eloquent photos...as in "a picture is worth a thousand words"...cold as far as the eye can see spreads before me...numbing my nose, fingertips and toes!

Ten Mile said...

'Lo, John. No problem now with the site. The best I can think, the folks that designed their own on the new Blogger templates designer were giving me trouble with going from the header to the the body. It just hung up. Most, and that now includes your site, allow scrolling. Yours still has a jerky scroll when you post pictures.

I'm not much of a nerd, I'm afraid.

Liked the post this time around, and appreciate you're dropping around and leaving comments.

Lisa said...

Living in the country is sure beautiful.
I dont know how I could take it living in a City.
Very Nice.